- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each – chili powder and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each – turmeric and garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of each -cinnamon and cayenne (to taste)
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- mint, parsley, cilantro
- yogurt or hummus
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- toasted pita wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion; saute until soft. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas – stir until very fragrant. Add the tomatoes (undrained) and simmer for 20 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Chop the cucumber, cook the couscous, and mince the herbs. Arrange bowls with desired amounts of all ingredients.
See this recipe and more at Pinch of Yum.
Salmon Poke Bowls with Pickled Radishes, Avocado and Spicy Ponzu
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 bunch baby carrots about 3 medium, diced
- 1 bunch radishes about 5 medium, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ pound salmon cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- Black sesame gomasio optional, for garnish
- 1-2 serrano chili peppers depending on how much heat you can handle, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup farro
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 6 ounces salmon
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ Fresno chile, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon of the turmeric and the garlic powder. Gradually add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and whisk until the dressing is thick and well emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bring the farro and 1 cup water to a simmer in a small pot over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the farro is very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
3. Combine the beans, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the cumin in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Season the salmon with the smoked paprika, coriander, remaining ¼ teaspoon turmeric, salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon and cook, undisturbed, until browned on one side and just opaque in the center, about 5 minutes.
5. Place the lettuce leaves in the base of your serving bowl. Top with the farro, black beans and salmon. Garnish with the avocado, scallions and sliced chile; drizzle with the dressing.
See this recipe and more at Pure Wow.
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini well-stirred
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water or more if needed for blending
- 1 clove large garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup chives chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil packed
- 4 leaves large sage
Stone Fruit Bowls:
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 5 ounces mixed greens I used a baby lettuce blend
- 1 14-ounce can black beansdrained and rinsed
- 1 cup ripe cherries pitted and halved
- 1 pint ripe blackberries
- 1 ripe peach pitted and sliced
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ bunch green onion chopped
- 1/3 cup queso frescocrumbled
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio schopped
Links to 106 more Bowls!
Enjoy! If you make any of these in our Kinsho bento bowls be sure to tag us @kinshokitchen!
Pure Wow: 25 Clean-Eating Bowls to Make for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
mindbodygreen: How To Make A Quick & Easy Poke Bowl That’ll Halt Your Anxiety In Its Tracks
Whole30: Vegetarian Power Bowls (roadmap for customizing)
Delish: 15 Quinoa Bowls You’ll Go Crazy For
Pure Wow: Summer Glow Bowls Are Trending, and Here Are 20 Recipes We Love
mindbodygreen: 3 Gut Healthy Bowl Recipes for a Delicious Week
Pure Wow: 15 Buddha Bowls even Kids will Love
Good Clean Health: Unicorn Superfood Smoothie Bowl
Good Housekeeping: 25 Rice Bowl Recipes That Make Cooking Dinner Almost Too Easy (great for leftovers for lunch!)